Run. Mix. Burn!

Thursday 3 March 2005

KLIM 2005: Run for Mom

My first run event was International Penang Bridge Run 2003. Registed for 21km. Didn't know how far it is. After pick-up a bib# at Sport Complex, Batu Uban.. my mouth open wide after saw a route map for 21km...

"What?!! twice crossing the bidge ka?" Said to my wife, she was 8 month pregnant

That time, my training just a slow jog 2-4 laps around my Taman or 2-4km only.

Night before, a few friends send a SMS a good luck wishes. One of them was my mom. Told her, i need to finish 21km by crossing Penang Bridge twice... she calm. I know she shock also. She gave a confident and encouragement

"What ever you do.. finished it! Don't stop half-way"
"Insyallah... hang boleh habih.. lari pelan-pelan"


After the run, she called while my wife drove a car on the bridge. I told her my condition..

"Kaki.. dah piiii dah! terkangkang nih! nak jalan pun harap Rozie papah.."

She told me to take a good rest and go for massage

"3-4 hari nanti.. elok la tuh.. Hang tak pernah buat kerja berat.. Ni.. mai balik makan nasi.. Mak dah masak dah.."

"Tak pa mak.. balik nak basuh baju... ada 3-4 longgok"

From Penang to Sg. Bakap takes 20 minutes drive and to Sg. Petani 45 minutes. I'm frequent went to kampung. Two months once.. self-own buzy...

Telephone her... emmm once a month.. but usually she always call at my home. May be feel lonely as all my brothers and sister got married.. So jadi Pengantin lama laa..

25th June or 19 days after IPBR after magrib was thought to call her, but my wife said my officemate called to go to office.. server and database down.. Urgent! Tomorrow morning must up.

4am at Office's Computer Room, wife called..
"Mak dah tak dak dah.."

She pass away peaceful on her sleep on 26th June 3:30am

Those who read.. kindly hadiah to her al-fatehah
HASNAH BT JAMALIAH

..and thank you. May Allah bless

This run.. dedicated to you.. Mak.

6 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



  • What a touching story. You can do it! Cross the line with pride!

    By Blogger Jamie Pang, at 6:20 pm  

  • May ALLAH bless her soul! And may ALLAh guide us to the right path! Ameen.

    All the best for your marathon bro!

    By Blogger The Lonely Runner, at 1:06 pm  

  • Thank guys..
    Ya! i did it.. for her

    By Blogger aharis, at 9:39 am  

  • Allah lebih Menyayanginya lebih dari makhluk lainnya.
    Teruskan perjuangan demi diri, isteri & anak tercinta.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 am  

  • You inspire me bro, keep running, for her, for life and for every other runners.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 pm  

  • Glad it helps. Running is my passion now. Each time, it remind me of her...

    By Blogger aharis, at 9:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home