Run. Mix. Burn!

Wednesday 21 November 2007

Report KRI 12km Road Race

It was a last minute decision. Registered earlier during early bird duration by my friend Alex. It was a week after I finished my second Powerman duathlon in Sri Manjung. Legs still want to rest. I did not doing any recovery workout along the weekdays. Too busy in the office.

Then Alex called said that all his registered friends, cancel their trip to Ipoh. He got nobody to accompany... plus he really want to retain his champion position in veteran category @KRI 12km Cross Country last year.

Then more BM Leopard gang join us. There were PakYa, Farouk and Heri from Kulim. After pick them up at Juru R&R PLus highway, I drove stright to Ipoh for registration and goodies collection.

Every year KRI always bring out a very nice Brooks running vest and a beautiful medal design. I don't mind to pay RM35 for registration fee, in-return I got such a quality vest material and design. Till now.. I'm still comfortable wearing a KRI running vest during my workouts or cycling. The registration fee is still cheap reasonable.

The race started half hour earlier than scheduled - 7am. Got no problem with it. Lagi bagus. This year KRI changed the running location, from 12km Cross Country in Sunway, Tambun, back to Padang Polo for 12km Road Race.



Started in cold morning, I decide to do easy run. No time target. >1hour pon... i don't mind. Just having fun in well organized event and probably doing recovery run also. Meet up mostly all the PM gangstars during running.

Strangely after a few km of running.. i started naik syiok. Legs felt comfortable. I just keep on running enjoy the early morning in Ipoh town, passing all rumah2 orang kaya-raya. Laman rumah depa boleh naik 4-5bijik rumah lagi. Dan kawan yang salak pun bertambah galak. Buatnyer dia terlepas... sure aku lari lagi laju.

Going to Jalan Gopeng @6km mark - i did.. 27.05mins. Still run free and my ayeq hidung start meleleh - good!. I know I already push my engine out of comfortable pace. Sometimes felt hop-hap-hop-hap, but i quickly control my breath and enjoy looking the laman2 rumah orang kaya. Probably i will copy their landscape design to my house. (Just make sure my mind think of others and let my kaki doing the running)

08km = 36.24mins
09km = 41.09mins
10km = 46.00mins
Huh! consider dah lama aku tak pulun lari sampai 46min. Ayeq hidung dok meleleh..

Passing last T junction. Maintain my pace until Padang Polo and I was direct to do a half loop on a hilly jogging track. Haiyooo... really break my spirit. I was thinking to do walking. With narrow track and sesak dengan orang ramai yang berjogging dan berjalan lenggang.. I was thinking that i did well in 10km timing, so i keep on pushing on last km and shouted a few times
"Lalu!... "
"Laaalu laaarrr"

Run out of voice.. i clapped.

And crossed finish line in 55.13mins - Canteeek.
And teruih beratur long queue for timing, position and medal - duuuhh..

One thing i would like suggest to KRI - a clear finishing table. So that they could record a reliable timing and position. I saw some of finishers jump queue and he got better position. Of course i don't mind about that because the trophy already sold out... but to someone it very irritating.

Overall.. this is the only run event that i had no doubt to give 5 stars of 5 on it. Nice medal, nice vest, nice goodies, nice running route. Although i not won any top position in KRI races but i always a champion in my category :) - Nice bib number.


2004 and 2005

2006 and 2007

No worries. I will retain my 5th champion again next year. Hahahaaaa..

Click here for official result.




@Sebelah pendaftaran KRI. Ada apa tuh...

Natang apa..

Dia dok pedo apa..

Fuyoooh!!

..errr..bagi salam, jumpa tuan rumah - Wendy



Tu dia aaiiihhh tingginyer

Senarai peserta

Bib# dah la.. #1, Resit pon 111

Gaduh dgn Alex. PakYa nak pakai vest KRI kaler merah jugak.

Lari tengok roket balik..

Fuyoohhh..

Next yr.. complete frame nih. - 10 year of medals

Pekena mee rebus Ramli @Ipoh.

2 mangkuk.. hayun


Kawan lama






With Alex.

Sekapal: Heri, Alex, Farouk & PakYa


Photos from Tey - TQVM!



Alex pecut habis ligan Sarjit

2nd. Kalah sebatang hidung dengan new champ.

Kat belakang kawan baju biru


Farouk

PakYa

Labels:

5 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



  • wah..55:13..byk laju leh...tahniah.

    itu alex bukan veteran liao lah..macam f1 punya kereta leh.

    wah...u register so early ah...every got NO:1 ? hehe

    By Blogger Keipo, at 7:38 pm  

  • Wah....tu roket...depa wat apa? Experiment ka? Mee rebus macam best..ni yg tak sabar nak balik M'sia ni

    By Blogger Abu Soffian, at 10:34 pm  

  • Ceh!!! .. home town run tak pegi ... manyak rugi ooooo .... Next must plan ...
    Mee rebuih tu kat mana yek? Minggu depan nak balik ni ...

    Jamil

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:15 pm  

  • Tey:
    Not laju, just improve abit.
    Ya.. itu Alex oledi 40++ jr. veteran. Still x sayur him.
    KRI sort the bib# by alphabet

    Abu:
    Water roket.. esok depa hantar faiz naik roket tuh..
    Mee Rebuih, pi cari kat Gerbang Malam... jgn cari benda lain.

    Jamil:
    OOoooo Ipoh mali. Hang kena sign contract dgn KRI larr. Tiap2 tawon best dan berlainan.
    Mee Rebuih tu kat Gerbang Malam - Tempat jual brg antik & 2nd-hand (malam saja)

    By Blogger aharis, at 8:37 am  

  • Wow, I'm impressed by the creative and nice design of those medals. I wish the Penang event organizer could be as creative as the KRI organizer.....

    By Blogger Island Folk, at 1:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home