Run. Mix. Burn!

Thursday 12 March 2009

Report Kuala Lumpur Tower International Forest Towerthon Challenge 2009

By Aiman Cheah Tiong Chap

Venue: Kuala Lumpur Tower
Date: 1 March 2009

This is my first run for this event. I must admit that it is far more challenging that running on a flat ground. Not only will you need strong heart, but also strong muscles for the legs.

Due to my poor physical condition, I decided to go the trial run on Friday, 27 February. The aim was to give me confidence to complete the run, rather than competing in run. It took me almost 23 minutes to reach the TH03 from the ground floor. So, that gave me confidence to complete the actual race in about 33 minutes.

I was happy that my run started at 9.05 a.m. That would give me more time to sleep! I am still 'a dinosaur' who needs 8 hours of sleep to be in the best physical condition.

I felt good on race day and arrived at the venue half an hour before the race. I started at the back as I would not be 'racing'. Any way, I was happy that I was among the middle pack...... through out the race. Not really with the last group. I took 7:34 to reach the stairs leading to TH03. That gives me the confidence to complete the race in 33 minutes.

The steps were dry and clear of empty mineral bottles until the first check point. Mr Sri Bala was very strict with participants - not mineral water bottles allowed! After that, it was not the same at other water stations. I bet that wet floors and empty bottles is just a bad sportsmanship tactics employed by some participants to slow down their rivals. The pride of winning is of greater importance than the lives and limbs of other participants?

I took 21:40 to complete the climbing of the stairs and my total time was 29:14. That was indeed a good timing for me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home