Run. Mix. Burn!

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Report Larian Bersama Bomba 2009

By Aiman Cheah

Date: 10 May 2009 (Sunday)
Time: 7.30 a.m.
Venue: Dataran Merdeka

This was the race that I thought I was reasonably prepared for. Since the medals offered were 75 for men's junior veteran and I was not on duty for the event, I signed up at the eleventh hour.

I did slightly below 61 minutes for 10.5km on Friday. Therefore, I was rather confident of doing a sub 1 hour in that race. That would have given me a chance to be in the top 75 in my category.

I did pretty well in the beginning, going at a steady pace and kept overtaking other runners slowly. Unfortunately, that did not last long as I did not have enough mileage to sustain the pace. Began to stop to catch my breath a few times until the finishing line. My watch showed 59mins 26 secs. Only to be given a certificate by my fellow officials.

I saw that the 75th timing was 58min 16 secs. That was a real heartache as it was a case of so near yet so far. I missed the last medal by less than 2 minutes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home