Run. Mix. Burn!

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Report: Larian Amal University Malaya Night Run Challenge 2010

By Aiman Cheah

Date: 30 October 2010 (Saturday) | 9:00pm
Venue: University Malaya Sports Centre
Distance: 5km
Category: Men Open
Result: 29 mins 37 secs

I had registered too early for this event before news on walk for hunger was out. I would have preferred to go to Putrajaya. It was a good experience running in UM at night. I had taken part in a charity run there before but it was during the day. I did just as badly.

The temptation to stop was strong once I saw many participants started to walk. The route was hilly but manageable. It was good to see Datuk M. Rajamani in person for the first time. I am very impressed with her pride when representing the country.

I think this event would attract more participants if it did not clash with other events. Also, if more prizes in the form of lucky draws were given, joggers would be attracted. Top prizes are only to attract elite runners. How many of them would come? Interestingly, even in a charity event, the winners were most important. Those who made up the numbers were not. Only the top 10 knew their positions. Others were not important. Should this not a charity event, I would not come again.

The winner in the Men Open was fantastic. He did a sub 20 minutes. Melinda Kaur did 22 minutes in the Women Open. I would just be placed 7th in the women category!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home