Run. Mix. Burn!

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Report: Be A Runner Be A Giver

By Aiman Cheah


..image from twicsy.com/i/H3DMDb

Date: 23rd September 2012 (Sunday)
Time: 8:00am
Venue: Malaysia Tourism Centre - MaTiC, Jalan Ampang
Distance: 6.4km
Position: unknown - more than 300th
Time: about 50 minutes

An enjoyable race and this this the first race which I could ran for more than 5km - albeit at a tortoise's pace of about 9mins per km.

I went there quite 'late' as the event was supposed to start at 8.00 a.m. - that was what was stated in the entry form. When I reached there it was about a quarter to eight and the DJ was asking the participants to get ready for the flag off. Yes, the race started about 10 minutes earlier.

My watch showed 8.40 a.m. when I completed the race. I waited for my ex-colleague because there were still a number of medals for the men veteran category. I guessed the volunteered was fed-up of waiting and started to give away the medals.

I told him that there were still runners who had not reached and it was not right to give away the medals to any Tom, Dick and Harry who were not in that category. He just told me that probably the runners were having a drink... and continued to give away the medals.

Personally, I feel that if finisher medals are limited that it is a privilege to 'earn' it. The organizer should know the number of participants in each category. Should there be too few participants then the medals could be reallocated.

Though this is a charity event, I will most likely strike out in my schedule in future... let the volunteers have a restI hope to experience better organized event in future. This is a consecutive 'poorly' organized event.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



  • It's just so bad to hear the attitude of the volunteers. What are they volunteering for the event in the first place when they 'probably' get bored of waiting. Sick!

    By Blogger Deo, at 6:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home