Run. Mix. Burn!

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Report: Chardikala Run

By Aiman Cheah

Date: 2 December 2012 | Sunday | 5.15pm
Venue: Astaka Field, Petaling Jaya
Distance: 5km
Time / Position: not recorded

This is the first time running during late afternoon and in the drizzle too.  It is the second experience that I was not aware of the flag off. The first one was during IOI Community Run some time in 2005, if I am not mistaken.  Unfortunately both events are co-ordinated by the Selangor AA.


Flag off by Fauja Singh

I was talking with my ex-colleague near the starting line but both of us were unaware that the participants had started.  The mc asked why we were not running.  I thought the flag off was for the junior and men's category.  The entry says event time was 5.15pm and at the participants were let off much earlier.  I thought there were staggered start!

As I just went for fun, timing was not important.  I just followed the crowd and slowly overtaking them at a relaxing pace.  I could not go any faster as I only walked 4.2km thrice a week.

It was a well-organized event despite the not so good flag off.  The MC should be more aware of this problem next time.

There were plenty of food after the event - similar to those Thai events. Akmal took two vegetarian curry puffs.  The spice must be appetizing for him.

Thinking that Fauja was not there, I decided to go home early as I was afraid that there would be another round of heavy downpour.


Mr Jesmail Singh with Fauja

Pictures courtesy of Chardikala Run facebook and more news in the TheStar.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home