Run. Mix. Burn!

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Report Kordel's AFM Charity Walkathon 2009

By Aiman Cheah

Date: 24 May 2009 (Sunday)
Time: 7.30 a.m.
Venue: Taman Jaya Park

Kordel's AFM Charity Walkathon 2009 - "In aid of Arthritis Foundation Malaysia"

At first, I thought it was either individual or team event. But when I saw the entry form, this walkathon was meant for a team event. Not easy to get a team as most of the 'athletes' were busy preparing themselves for the Standard Chartered KL Marathon.

I almost gave up as I could not find enough members. To my surprise, on the event day, the rule had been relaxed. Those below 18 were allowed to participate. If the organizer had done that in the begining, I would have no problem to get a team.......not to get the first place but enough to challenge for the 10th postion. Charity walk normally would not attract many people was no medals were given.

I was quite exhausted because I did not have enough sleep that whole week. My only work out was only on Wednesday where I swam 2000m. Decided to sleep early on Saturday instead of training and that did the trick.....

My did 22mins 55secs for the 4.5km race with the lap time of 7mins 34secs, 7mins 54secs and 7mins 27 secs. I was the slowest in my team. Anyway, we finished 5th overall. I doubt if the distance was correct because it was impossible for me to walk that fast!


L-R: Kevin Chow, Aiman, Fadly & Raiei

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home