Run. Mix. Burn!

Monday 21 February 2011

Report: Health Run

By Aiman Cheah

Date: 12 February 2011 | Saturday | 8.00am
Venue: Tun Syed Nasir College, UKM
Category: Men Above 18
Distance: 5km

This is a charity run. I am surprised to see quite a number of participants in the under 18 group. Many of them are from the sports schools. However, they are in different fields - not athletics.

The actual distance was suppose to be one round of Lake Titiwangsa Park but the students' manager requested for a longer distance - 2 rounds of the Lake and the organizer accepted the proposal. In fact, for training purposes, 3 rounds would not be a bad idea too..... only about 7km.

Being a slow coach lately, I started from behind and remained behind for quite some time. I only caught up with one of my students about 5 minutes later and we exchanged lead a few times until I conceded defeat.I guess I would record a better timing had I not tried to compete with him. I completed the first round in 12 minutes but ended the race in about 28 minutes.... I had stopped a couple of times during the second loop.

Generally, it was a well-organized race. Most of the school students went home happily as they had a short game - sort of those uniformed bodies games before the end of the programme.

Finishing fifth, I received a consolation prize in the form of a face towel. For a charity event, it was well worth it as the entry fee is only RM5.00.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home