Run. Mix. Burn!

Monday 27 June 2011

Report: Ipoh Starwalk 2011

By Aiman Cheah

Date: 19 June 2011 | Sunday | 7:00am
Venue: Stadium Indera Mulia, Ipoh, Perak
Distance:10km
Category: C ( 40 years and above and below 50 )
Position: 13
Time: 1:07:35

Second time unlucky in a row - 13! Anyway the time was slightly better than last year.

Consider that my foot was still hurt - no idea what the cause was, it was a good performance.

I had a good pace up to the 23rd minute where Lim Thean Seng was just about 20 metres ahead. Kept following him until the 48th minute and overtook him briefly. Less than 10 seconds perhaps, and was left by him again.

It was quite frustrating as I was dealing with fitness and the discomfort caused by the pain on my foot.

I was a little irritated 100m towards the finishing line when a competitor who failed to overtake me told me that I was running! I replied angrily

"Mesti lari kalau mau menang!"

He tried two more times to overtake me but I stepped up my pace. He was very mad that he did not even look at me when I extended my hand! I would be going for the JDP 2nd and 3rd Circuit in Kuala Lumpur and Malaysian Masters Open in Alor Setar to reconfirm that I need not run to get better results.

I am not likely to be the winner because others are much faster - better techniques. And yes, they need not run either. I do not earn a living in racewalking. It's just my passion to racewalk and I'll abide by the racewalking rules - no knee bending and floating, let alone running!


Men open winners: Sim (centre) flanked by Suresh (left) and Thineskumar after winning the category during the Ipoh Starwalk 2011 at Stadium Indera Mulia in Ipoh Sunday. - Picture courtesy of TheStar


Men Junior Veteran Results - Courtesy of YuSong

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home