Run. Mix. Burn!

Tuesday 8 April 2008

Walking Tall 2008

By Aiman Cheah Tiong Chap

Venue: Taman Tasik Titiwangsa
Time: 7.00 a.m.
Distance: 3 km

This is a non-competitive walking event. More of raising awareness of cervical cancer. I reached the venue at around half past seven. After registration, I was given a t-shirt, a cap and a towel. The health screening 'booths' started early. While waiting for the event to start I went for the normal tests - blood pressure, blood glucose test and BMI. The organizer temporarily stopped the screening test to encourage participants to join the warming up session. Then, the walk started at around 8.15.

At first, I walked with my daughter for about 10 minutes. Then, I decided to return to look for my wife and son. Oh, actually, they had not gone far off from the starting line because Akmal refused to walk and just sat on the pavement! I guessed I did walk for more than a km although I did not sweat much as it was at a snail's pace. We joined the rest to the finishing line and collected our goodie bags.

After that it was the lucky draw sessions. Prizes were Cornell electrical products - I guess there were about 20 of them. Luck was not on my side again this time although it was real close to land one. The MILO and Gardenia van came during the lucky draw session. We get our 'gluten bread' before heading home at around 9.30 a.m.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home