Run. Mix. Burn!

Thursday 19 March 2009

Report Red Ribbon Carnival and Dodgeball Tournament

By Aiman Cheah Tiong Chap

Date: 14 March 2009 (Saturday)
Time: 8.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m.
Venue: Tapak 'A', Taman Tasik Titiwangsa
Organizer: Young Mercy, Cyberjaya University of Medical Sciences

I took part in the Jogathon and Treasure Hunt. The latter because of the change in the rules - from student to open and from 3 in a group to 4 in a group.

I was still exhausted when I was awoke by 6.00 a.m. I asked my student to give me a wake up call just in case I would still be in dreamland as I supposed to pick them up from school at 7.00 .m. Just as I left the house 10 minutes before 7.00 it began to rain cats and dogs. When I reached school, one of my students was already waiting for me. He was lucky to have avoided the heavy downpour. Shortly, I got a call from the other student who said he would be there. Never mind being late..... blame it on the weather.

We were fortunate as the rain gradually came to drizzling. We left school at around 7.20 a.m. and reached Taman Tasik Titiwangsa by 7.45 a.m. We registered for the Jogathon. It did not start until around 9.00 a.m. It supposed to start at 8.15 a.m. I was quite shocked that the response from the public was lukewarm for such an event. I think there were hardly 50 participants in the jogathon. Normally, I could see over a hundred participants in charity event, albeit the fee (donation) was much higher.
For this event, it was only RM7.00.

As I was not fit, I began from the back. It was an amazing race for me as I must have been going really slow. For the first time, I did not have to stop to counter oxygen debt. I completed the race in 13minutes 15 secs.
Not too bad as I finished ahead of both of my form 2 students. Anyway, I was among the last to reach the finishing line.

Later, I watched the dodgeball competition and read the newspapers while waiting for the treasure hunt to begin. As the rules have been changed, my students urged me to join their group. We had fun but it would be better if we had come out among the winners. There were only five teams and unfortunately, we finished last!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home