Run. Mix. Burn!

Monday 21 February 2011

Report: National Blood Donation Run 2011

By Aiman Cheah

Date: 20 February2011 | Sunday | 8:15am
Venue: In front of the Main Library, Universiti Malaya
Distance: 5km
Time: 28:12

I guess there were fewer runners in this event compared to Larian Gemilang which was held on 22 January 2011. I wonder if one of the reasons is security. A few cars were broken into during Larian Gemilang.
Unfortunately, I was one of the victims. I think generally thieves are attracted to bags in the vehicles. It is best not not leave any bags in the car - a damaged lock may proved to be a hassle for replacement and
can be more costly than what is stolen from the vehicle!

My students are still eager to run in UM after the bad experience last month. So, I register for the events since they are keen to participate. Anyway, since it is a charity run - RM1 will be donated for the NBD, I don't mind participating in the event.

We reached UM by 7.15 a.m. There were not many people yet. I thought many would turn up later but that did not happen. Announcements were made to the participants to be careful of their own belongings. I had
informed the organizer of the unfortunate event during the Larian Gemilang. Although, they didn't provide luggage counter, they did accommodate my request to leave my bag with them.

The Official Ceremony was a little bit too late at 11.00 a.m. Many of the participants had left by then since the run was completed by 9.00 a.m. Since my students wanted to stay on until the Lucky Draw, I stayed on till the finish.

However, I went to Giant opposite of the Hilton to run my errands and return to UM. It was worth the wait for one of my students - he got a hamper where else we all went home 'hampa'. My ex-CAR boss left 6 coupons to me because he had an appointment at 12.00. None struck the jackpot, only Nur Azyan Yusof serial number of 0912 came close as the winning number was 0911.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home