Run. Mix. Burn!

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Report: 5km Road Race in conjuction with 4th Women's Sports Carnival

By Aiman Cheah

Date: 5 March 2011 | Saturday | 5:00pm
Venue: IPG Kampus Bahasa Antarabangsa, Lembah Pantai, Kuala Lumpur
Category: Men Junior Master (35-44 years)
Distance:5km
Result: 16:08 Position:2

I received the entry form well past the closing date of 23rd February 2011. I called the organising chairman and he said I could still participate in the event.

I don't really feel like running as I was still sleepy when I woke up at a quarter past three. A two-hour afternoon siesta was not enough as I had been on sleeping debt for almost two weeks!

After tea, the clouds were getting darker and there was lightning. I was not sure if I wanted to run. I had officiated in the past events and the probability of raining was higher.

Anyway, when I decided to go, it was just a drizzle so off I went. The flag off was considered punctual as they too were afraid that it might be pouring as it was still drizzling at that time.

I only targeted a speed of 6min per km. As usual, I started from the back and slowly overtaking those masters athletes. I must admit that I truly admire their physical condition. Mr Jesmail Singh does not look like 74 to me. Many 15 year-old school children would be made ashamed if asked to race with him!

I finished 2nd in my category. That looks impressive doesn't it. Well, if there had been prize money like in the past, I would certainly not even be in the top 20! There were only 4 participants in my category. The turn out was rather poor but for the women's category, it was better.

The whole event ended rather late at 7.15 p.m. but I enjoyed the closing ceremony. Thumbs-up to the organiser for an entertaining multimedia presentation at the end of the ceremony.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home