Run. Mix. Burn!

Friday 9 December 2011

Report: Larian Selangor Agro Fest

By Aiman Cheah

Venue: Shah Alam Sports Complex Compound
Date: 4 December 2011 | 7.30 am
Category: C Men Junior Veteran
Distance: 10km
Time: Approximately 61 minutes
Position: probably more than 100
Organizer: Selangor Agriculture Department

This is one of the cheapest runs at RM10.00. It should be kept that way sports for the masses and 'run for health'.

I was reasonably fit for the run but lack of training as I 'balik kampung' on Monday, after collecting the running kit. I did not realize that I was given the men open bib A221 and my colleage got A224 when both of us should be in the C category.

Luckily, we still managed to get the finisher medal. Oh dear, my was a defect. The SAF logo had come off when I received it! It did not really matter whether we were in A or C because we won't be finishing in the top ten anyway.

A221 proved to be a lucky number for I did win a hamper during the lucky draw session.

I had quite a good run but stopped numerous times after running for more than half an hour. There was only one water station and I reckoned that it was more than the mid-point.

The time of about an hour and a minute was not too bad actually since the distance was slightly more than 11km according to some runners gps.

100 Plus was generous because they gave a bottle of 500ml the isotonic drink instead of pouring into cups. I drank two bottles there - that is a litre but actually I was still alittle dehydrated when I reaced home. After another 3 glasses of plain water only my urine turned clear.

At the start - which was a little later than the scheduled time of 7.30 a.m.
Picture courtesy of rlans.wordpress.com - my ex boss (Ketua Reban)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home