Run. Mix. Burn!

Friday 5 June 2009

Report Shoe String Run

By Aiman Cheah

Date: 31 May 2009 (Sunday)
Time: 7.30 a.m.
Venue: Sekolah Rendah Kebangsaan Bukit Kemuning (2)

Woke up as early as 5.00 a.m. However, by the time I was ready to leave the house it was already 6.30 a.m. Get a call from my student. Supposed to meet him at 6.30 in school and led the way to the venue.

Anyway, the father decided to go there on his own. With the change of programe, I walked to my regular 'news stand' to get my daily papers. By the time I returned to the van, it was already 6.40. I did not have to push the panic button as it would not take more than half an hour to reach there.

True enough, I was there by 10 minutes past 7. I asked my wife to register herself and Afiqah first as I need to pump in some air for the stroller. Akmal, my partner was still sleeping. When all was done, it was almost 7.20 and jogged slowly to the school. Every one was already at the starting line. Registered myself and started from the back, as usual. That was a common signal that I was not a contender.



I had a pleasant surprised when I crossed the finishing line with Akmal. I was given the '2nd position' slip. My watched showed 19mins 55secs. I guess the value of the hamper was well more than RM200. That was a real good luck. My wife was lucky too for she won one of the lucky draws.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home