Run. Mix. Burn!

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Report: Larian 10km Fiesta Muzium Telekom 2010

By Aiman Cheah

Date : 17th July 2010
Venue : Muzium Telekom, Jalan Raja Chulan, KL
Time : 7.30am
Distance : 10km
Category : C (Men Veteran)

I did not plan to run this race until the eleventh hour. I called Mr Naidu to ask if walk in registration was allowed and the answer was not favourable. He asked me to see him anyway. I reached the venue by 6.30 a.m. Put on a thick face and asked the organizer if I could still register. She called her friend to asked and the answer was not to my favour. Since I was there, I had made up my mind to run illegally. But thinking again.......I should not take the drinks provided and I would be 'disturbing' the traffic too. I shall never be an illegal runner in a race.

I was happy when Mr Naidu arrived and told me he had an extra bib. I started from the back.....about 3/4 of the line. This race was suppose to be a training session for Siemens run the following day. I find it more enjoyable to run slowly from the back.... the experience I had last week during Seremban Half Marathon.

I started slowly to warm up but unfortunately the 'engine stalled' as I was going uphill at KL Tower. Walked quite a distance before started to run again. I stopped at all three water stations.

I completed the race in 36:43. I was 14th in my category. The officials were caught 'sleeping' as there was no reaction when I crossed the finishing line. I had to return to get my Category C 14th position slip. I was told that 50 medals were offered in each category. My time certainly showed that the race was under-distance.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home