Run. Mix. Burn!

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Report: Pacesetters 9th Track Meet 2010

By Aiman Cheah

Event: Pacesetters 9th Track Meet 2010
Date: 31 January 2010
Venue: Majlis Perbandaran Selayang Stadium

I only registered the run for my children. My fitness was way off and the last track event - 100m during the Malaysian Masters in Ipoh last year reminded me that age is catching up and without training I will be left biting the dust. Finishing about 20m behind the winner is not a good experience.

I was actually still tired and had woken up rather late. Luckily the 50m boys under 6 event was scheduled to start at around 9.00 a.m. I headed to Selayang Stadium and reached there by half past eight. Rather surprised that there were ample of parking bays there. Quickly reported for my children and there were given their goodie bags and breakfast! Wow, no entrance fee for my children and they got so much in return.

Akmal was excited about the race the night before, unfortunately he wanted his sister to run with her on that day. I told him that he had to run alone and he protested and cried - thunderous cry! Fortunately, the starter allowed me to run with Akmal. He ran, but started later than the rest and held my hand and cried through out the 50m race! 50 metres in 25secs! Any way, the 4th or rather last placing earned Bukit Gasing group 2 points.

Afiqah had a relatively easy task - only 2 registered for 100 girls under 9. The other competitor did not turn up. So, she had the gold medal without a fight. She was last in the race - combined with 100m boys under 9. Had a similar 25secs timing with her brother and earned 10 points for Bukit Gasing. Afiqah started the race with a standing start - could be disqualified. Winning or losing is not the main point for me. I just wanted them to experience races - stress free as I only want them to give their best.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:
Did You Enjoy this Post? Subscribe to Run.Mix.Burn!



Post a Comment

<< Home